NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with CEL code 411. My neighbor downloaded the code with his scanner. He told me it had to do with the secondary air injection unit that feeds the diverter valve. What have you guys seen?

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
The code is:
16795- P0411
Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected
Check the connections to the carbon canistor. The valve can gunk up. But, it can also be cleaned.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
i had that code, it ended up being a vacuum hose that ran from the little valve thats above the airbox to a valve on the backside of the intake manifold (of couse, this was on a 2.0). If the vacuum hoses are fune, and the air pump runs when you first turn on the car, it will probably be that valve above the airbox. But 90% of the time, it will be a vacuum hose.

·
Yup...My last name is Fox
635 Posts
OK, I admit it, I al not a gearhead (Yet). Where is the secondary air pump? ALSO, what manula would be good to buy that way I can stop looking new ;-)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Manual

I bought the VW New Beetle Haynes Repair Manual for 1998 thru 2005 and am kinda disappointed. Since it covers so many years I couldn't find any information on the specific problem I was looking at (Tiptronic).

Here's a website for an interesting PDF manual for 1998-2007 manuals to download. Volkswagen New Beetle Service Manual 1998-2007 Ebooks Download | Acrobat PDF Files for $109.95 but you get what you pay for.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Haynes is terrible. You need to get the Bentley Service manual. Notice the link you posted is for Bentley Publishers. Its more money, but it covers much more. Its worth the investment.

Not sure why you posted that in this thread though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts