NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it's ironic that i am the one bringing this up, BUT...

the code for this smiley : ) (among others) has two icons associated with it. same with many of the other basic smilies. they seem to be pulling from the old forum's smilies.

when i click on the smiley for "mad" over to the right, it's a red one, but when it shows up in the post itself, it looks like this:

:mad:

just something i noticed.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
callisto9 said:
ok, it's ironic that i am the one bringing this up, BUT...

the code for this smiley : ) (among others) has two icons associated with it. same with many of the other basic smilies. they seem to be pulling from the old forum's smilies.

when i click on the smiley for "mad" over to the right, it's a red one, but when it shows up in the post itself, it looks like this:

:mad:

just something i noticed.
Hmm, okay, thanks. I'll look into this. There were some default smilies and then I imported the old ones. I suspect there is a conflict between the two sets. I'll figure it out. :)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just seeing if the smiley code was updated...

happy :) stick out tongue :p frown :( wink ;) confused :confused: big grin :D embarassment :eek: mad :mad: roll eyes :rolleyes: cool :cool:

attached is a screen shot of what they look like on my computer before they are posted. can we change the code to use the new, more modern-looking smileys instead of the old ones?

thanks.

*note: looks like the "mad" smiley was updated.

Attachments

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP. has anyone had a chance to fix this yet? does anyone even care? :p

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
noR said:
Well...

It's a question of which ones we want to display I guess. You want the old style, or the new style? :)
new new new! to match the NEW forums, of course! i like the new smilies better...more colorful. just my opinion.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
noR said:
Cached... whew. Check it out now! :)
sweet! i am so excited! thank youuuuu!

:p and definitely some :rolleyes: and even more :D for noR! :)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, noR, here's another one with conflict:
:rant:

there are two icons tied to this command. anyway we could make one rant and another one rant2 or something?

thanks.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
marvins_dad said:
JOY!
I love :rant2: better!:D
rant2 cracks me up. partly because he looks like he's trying to poop during part of it. but rant1 is cool, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts