NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting codes po300,301,304 ing coil got one ordered but im also getting a p1582 could cleaning the MAF help or throtle body problems. What do you guys think 1999 2.0 AEG
Ted

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
17990/P1582/005506 - Idle Adaptation Limit Reached

Possible Solutions
Check Fuel Pressure
Check Intake System for Leaks (False Air)
Check Fuel Injector(s)
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Regulator Valve (N80)
Check Exhaust System for Leaks
Check Secondary Air Injection (AIR) for Leaks
Check Vacuum Lines for Leaks
Check Throttle Body
Special Notes
It may be necessary to remove and clean the Throttle Body and perform a Throttle Body Alignment (TBA)
When this fault is stored in the early VW models with the 2.8L VR6 (AAA) and the 2.0L (ABA), it may be necessary to drive the vehicle for a few days for the idle to return to normal after removing and cleaning the Throttle Body.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
a '99 2.0 should be a throttle cable aeg. A throttle body adaptation won't do anything because it doesn't have drive by wire.

but a good throttle body cleaning, vacuum line check, and a good look over should fix it, or find out whats wrong.

·
Registered
512 Posts
First get the misfire codes fixed and then see if the P1582 comes back again. I had this issue before it was fuel injector leakage and after I replaced my fuel injectors the codes were all gone. Cleaning the MAF and throttle body is always a good idea since they don't cost you too much. The misfire codes might not be the coil's problem don't just waste money on swapping good parts.

The P1582 is the throttle adaption code. There is actually a motor in the throttle body which drives the throttle open when idle and cruising. At idle it has an upper limit and if it hits the upper limit the P1582 would be triggered. This usually means the throttle needs cleaning. However in this case you have misfires and it also causes the throttle to open wider to compensate for the lossing idle. So get your misfires fixed first.

Getting codes po300,301,304 ing coil got one ordered but im also getting a p1582 could cleaning the MAF help or throtle body problems. What do you guys think 1999 2.0 AEG
Ted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gotcha
Misfires first. Gotta be the coil i can take the two wires off the right hand side (1&4) with no difference in rpms or sound running really rough hopefully the coilpac will help should be here in a day or two.Its amazing that this thing can run on 2 cyls. Thanks for the help i will let you guys know
Ted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow up. Put in the new coil did away with the P300,301,304 still had the P1582. I had some throttle body spray cleaner I shot some down its throat and erased codes with my pocket code reader. CEL off. It would do fine untill i turned it off wait a few mins. start it up and get the code P1582 again. I remember reading to turn the ign. to aux. listen for the motor to run and let it sit a few mins to reset. I did That and damn if it didnt work You guys ROCK thanks for your help.
Ted

·
Registered
512 Posts
After you erase the codes you have to do a throttle body alignment(TBA). This can be done with a VAG-COM cable with a laptop. When key ON engine OFF select (08)measurement blocks-channel 096(or 098 I can't remember clearly) then press switch to Basic then the system will do it automatically. For some older models another method probably works: put key ON engine OFF, then VERY SLOWLY depress gas pedal all the way to the floor and then hold for 15 seconds, then VERY SLOWLY release. It works on my '99 but not sure whether on yours. Another thing is that if you clean the throttle, try flip the copper board and see if there is lots of carbon around it. If there is you probably have to use some low lint tissue or napkins, spray some carb cleaner then clean it. BTW, do you have some kind of problems like rough idle?

Follow up. Put in the new coil did away with the P300,301,304 still had the P1582. I had some throttle body spray cleaner I shot some down its throat and erased codes with my pocket code reader. CEL off. It would do fine untill i turned it off wait a few mins. start it up and get the code P1582 again. I remember reading to turn the ign. to aux. listen for the motor to run and let it sit a few mins to reset. I did That and damn if it didnt work You guys ROCK thanks for your help.
Ted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey genuis no problen with rough idle now that the ign coil was replaced.Didnt try your method of key on engine off pedal slowly to the floor. If my code comes back i will try that. dont have a vag-com yet just the obdII acutron code reader it looks like im going to have to invest in one especially now that i have this one. I like it so much it looks like we may be buying the newest model shortly.
Ted

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's not too much invest if you have a laptop. Just buy a cable from ebay only cost you less than $20. Make sure if your car is K-bus don't buy the CAN-bus type, and vise versa. The cable probably comes with software but you might want a better one. I'm currently using VCDS-Lite and it's great. You can buy it from Ross-tech for like $99, or there are some cracked pieces that you can download....(This is illegal I have to warn you)

Actually I don't suggest you buy the new model because the newer the car, the more troubles it gives you. German cars are known to have tons of problems and very expensive to fix. Therefore if you choose to drive a German, you pick the problems too.

Hey genuis no problen with rough idle now that the ign coil was replaced.Didnt try your method of key on engine off pedal slowly to the floor. If my code comes back i will try that. dont have a vag-com yet just the obdII acutron code reader it looks like im going to have to invest in one especially now that i have this one. I like it so much it looks like we may be buying the newest model shortly.
Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts