NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have changed and tested the sensor. I have tested for proper voltage.

This is a hard code. The car will not start. First it was the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor.

I reset the code when I changed the sensor and when I cranked the engine it came back.

The car will not start.

I changes the timing belt 6 months and over 5k ago with no problems, no ticking, smooth acceleration.

The car stalled once. But started right up. The second time it stalled it would not start again.

Any ideas or suggestions.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts

What brand sensor did you buy/install? High quality oem sensors; are recommended.

What year and trans do you have?

Basics: spark, fuel and compression.

Are you getting spark?

Are the timing marks in phase?

Good compression?

Good fuel pressure?

Hopefully, you can start working down the list and find the problem. Give us more info and history of the vehicle, we can go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I had a similar issue a year ago after replacing the cam sensor with a BOSCH brand and I made sure it was not hitting the edges as it spun around when I installed it. The code would come back 2-3 days every time I would clear it with either the battery disconnect or the regular OBD2 tester. finally fix the issue by connecting my VAGCOM software and doing an auto scan then clearing all the codes stored in the car's ECM memory. It hasn't come back ever since. By the way I too Damaged/cracked the sensor when I was replacing the timing belt/water pump kit a year ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts