NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a code reader to clear transmission code(s) on my 2004 beetle. I just changed the valve body and the new valve body still hasa small glitch. I have read all the post and it seems that Autel scanners is what is recommended(besides ROSSTECH). I want to buy a scanner locally but all I can find is Equus Innova scanners and actron sconners. I don't care for actron scanners . I was wondering if any one has experience with the Equus innova scanners. I really don't want to buy the Ross-Tech because I work on other vehicles from time to time. thanks in advance

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
For VW/Audi I highly recommend purchasing a Ross-Tech for the laptop, I have had one for years, it is very in depth and the after sales support has been fantastic.

Unitronic and other companies set their parameter adjusting software to be used through the Ross-techs OBDII cable.

For other brand cars, the Equus OBDII units will scan, erase codes etc.

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
It really depends on what you want to be able to do...

If you only want to scan and erase then the Equus and most other basic units should suffice for a variety of makes and models including VW/Audi.

For your VW, if you plan on working on it a lot yourself and intend on doing any performance modifications such as, turbo upgrades, ECU software, want to be able to data log etc. then the Ross-Tech is what you will want, for the other makes/models, just buy the least expensive scan/erase unit.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
Also note that not all readers will read all codes and modules. Airbag and trans codes are only read by certain readers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts