NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I am a little dismayed I have a 2001 bug and was looking to order coil packs to go with my head and timing rebuild and it says that it gets the non bolted type but my bug has the bolted on coil packs its a 1.8t and it is the original engine is ECS wrong?

·
Registered
209 Posts
VW had a recall last year for coil packs and were inspecting / replacing them, I don't know if the recall is still active but you might call your local dealer and see, could save you some money.

K

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VW had a recall last year for coil packs and were inspecting / replacing them, I don't know if the recall is still active but you might call your local dealer and see, could save you some money.

K
so my bug should not be still using the bolt in coils?

·
2,646 Posts
My understanding is that, in general, ECS is right, 2001 was first year for AWV engine code which does not use the bolt down packs. However, some early '01 cars still had the APH engine code that uses the bolt down packs. So, curious, what is the month/year production date on you car's sticker?:confused:

·
New Owner: 2001 GLX Turbo
32 Posts
Coil Pack

I have an '01 GLX Turbo with 89,000 miles, second owner. Called the stealership and my car had the outstnading recall and they replaced the coil packs - free - no labor and no upselling of trying to get me to buy something else. Was quite impressed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My understanding is that, in general, ECS is right, 2001 was first year for AWV engine code which does not use the bolt down packs. However, some early '01 cars still had the APH engine code that uses the bolt down packs. So, curious, what is the month/year production date on you car's sticker?:confused:
I just saw this sorry for taking so long to answer, let me go check and I will post tomorrow, kinda just got comfortable and don't feel like going out to the garage right now lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just saw this sorry for taking so long to answer, let me go check and I will post tomorrow, kinda just got comfortable and don't feel like going out to the garage right now lol.
I got curious and went to look any how, here is what I got on the car, it was built 07,2000 and the first of the vin is 3vwdc21c

1 - 8 of 8 Posts