NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to replace the coil wire harness?
I'm having misfiring problems and thinking I will just replace all plugs, coils and wires and be done with it.
Plugs and coils are no problem, but what about that wire harness?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
coil harness

Not too many folks around here that have actually done it I believe the wires go directly to the CPU. The harness should be okay unless the car was in a flood or something. I think they sell a plug kit online to replace just the female plugs that connect to the coil packs. you might want to google that and see.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I've replaced mine. It does go all the way back to the ECU. It's a pain, it takes a long time. But pretty straight forward. I wouldn't do it unless doing the plugs and coil packs doesn't work. I only did mine because the coating on some of the wires was falling off, which could cause issues if it got wet. And 2/4 of the connectors on the coil packs were broken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tommytractor

Hi,

I am in the process of doing the harness and have everything done except I haven't found the 14 pin plug to change the #7 wire in. Supposed to be in the wheel well but on our 2002 beetle with the 1.8T engine I can't find it. Any hints?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts