NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide, I want to have a nice ride , lower the stance perhaps, better handling.

I am leaning toward coil overs but they look like they aren't as beefy as the oem spring wise (optical illusion?)

What are you running and do you like it or are you unhappy. tks Bart

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Bart

Check the suspension database thread. I've posted my reviews on the set of coilovers I recently purchased. For the ultimate lowness check out nighttrain1974's posts... bagged :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
OmahaTDI, you got the raceland coilovers right? How are they so far? About to pull the trigger on a set and will only use the car for commuting and regular driving.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
OmahaTDI, you got the raceland coilovers right? How are they so far? About to pull the trigger on a set and will only use the car for commuting and regular driving.
I've got Rokkor coilovers. I believe they are made by Raceland though.
The ride has been exceptional and I'm VERY happy with them. I use my NB as a daily driver too. My NB loves the long sweeping highway on and off ramps so much more now :D

Check out the Rokkor link in my post in the Suspension Dtatbase.

·
Blue ones are faster!
201 Posts
Im running Bilstein HD struts and H&R Race springs. I have appx 2.5in drop and awesome ride. This combo runs about $900 or so. I also replaced the front strut bushings as well...they were sagged quite a bit when I pulled them out.

It also worth the money to buy a Diesel Geek skid plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts