VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Im new here and i just bought a 2001 nb 2.0 a/t. As i was easing her out of the garage this morning from a cold start, the coolant buzzer and light went on inexplicably. I immediately checked the fan fuses, coolant level, fans were working, and yet the light didnt go off. I tried to disconnect batt negative to reset then restart again and still the light goes on 15 seconds after starting. No other faults were registering on the display. Mind you, this is early in the morning cold start. Would like to get poi ters from you pros out there as to what might be wrong with my bug. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks you! yes it was flashing red indicator. I really don't understand why the buzz/light indicator since this is in the morning first time to start during the day and already I get the warning. it was barely 20 seconds upon startup

·
Registered
758 Posts
Not sure where you're located, but this can happen when it is very cold outside even if there is no sign of a leak. Top it off with some properly diluted G12 and "keep an eye on it" just in case you do have a leak that needs fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts