NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a customer with an 02 new Beetle that reportedly turns over but will not start cold. Walk away and try in a half hour and she starts! Of course unit has not failed at our store!

No Codes Stored Anywhere! Ideas? Has anyone experienced this on such a late model car?
Thanks

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
selecteurocars said:
No Codes Stored Anywhere! Ideas? Has anyone experienced this on such a late model car?
Thanks
By no codes anywhere, I assume you've scanned it with a VAG-COM?

There are many codes a generic OBD-II scanner will not pull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Porkchop said:
By no codes anywhere, I assume you've scanned it with a VAG-COM?

There are many codes a generic OBD-II scanner will not pull.
We have the VAS 5051 with latest software-no codes stored.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a common problem with the 06 NB's instrument cluster and it's temperature related. I haven't heard of any other year having the same problem though.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
How about the ignition switch? It is a commmon failure item and I don't think it would throw a code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have the VAS 5051 with latest software so should see any and all codes. We have seen numerous cluster problems but causing starting trouble?? Do you have a bulletin # I can look at or can you share more info on this cause/effect?? Ignition switches? We have replaced hundreds in A3 models but none yet in the NB. Are you seeing a failure fate on this switch where no current to 15 (ign on) in 50 crank mode?
Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts