NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in minnesota where were getting very cold temps. i dont drive my car every day. i dont have a garage. i tried to start my car the last two days. it wouldnt go. then it just made clicking noises. then got my bf to jump start my car battery.. that worked. but now my radio doesnt turn on, all my gauges are at zero, my oil light is blinking.. any idea how to fix these issues? is the oil light a flaw or ? we checked and added oil. ive never been low on oil so dont really think it is low. i can go 6 plus months before oil changes and dont recall ever having to add oil before my oil changes. i use synthetic oil. i hope its an easy cheap fix. hope my oil isnt low.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
The oil light is for pressure, not level. It could be coincidence.

Did he jump start it right? Sounds like something went wonky with the electronics due to the jump. Also, if you had to jump it, I bet you need a new battery. Cold weather wreaks havoc on batteries anyway, let alone one that may not have been in top shape to begin with.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Suggest you disconnect one battery terminal, then with the cable you disconnected, if it is long enough, touch it to the other terminal for 30 seconds. If the cable is not long enough to touch the other terminal, use a jumper cable.

You do not sort the battery, you want to short the cables on the car together with the battery out of the circuit.

This will "reset" all the modules in the car.

Then reconnect the battery and restart the car and see what happens.

Hopefully this will sort the problems out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts