NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I got a few responses to the PMs I sent but I want to check again on plans for carabugging. I live in Ft Collins and am thinking about going through OK City and south to Irving. Maybe some Wyoming or Nebraska owners want to hook up with us along the route? Also considering staying overnight in OK on Thursday. I know it's a long way off but it'll be here before we know it. If you're interested in a hotel in Irving, here's one: Residence Inn Las Colinas, 3 nights for $273.99 on travelocity.com. I haven't booked it yet, but it looks very nice.

Cori

·
Retro-a-go-go
94 Posts
April 1st is only a little over two months away!

Glad to see people are starting to think about making their reservations to make the trip. We are currently working with the Drury Inn which has been our host hotel for the past three shows and should have info on rates and booking soon.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
We should have more information about the Drury Inn soon, hopefully by this weekend.

Here is the info from last year, not sure what the rates will be yet:

Host Hotel

Drury Inn - D/FW Airport

Rates: Two double beds 54.00 per night
One king size bed 49.00 per night

Call 800-325-0720 and ask for the DFW area location, Irving. Book the room with the "New Beetle Round-Up Rate" All reservations need to be made by March 24th or there will be no guarantee for room space. We have 20 rooms blocked off the the Round-Up.

Complimentary hot breakfast each morning, one hour of longdistance calling at no charge, and 3 complimentary adult beverages.

The host hotel will be providing hoses at the hotel for you to wash your car Friday night.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
trainspotted2 said:
April 1st is only a little over two months away!

Glad to see people are starting to think about making their reservations to make the trip. We are currently working with the Drury Inn which has been our host hotel for the past three shows and should have info on rates and booking soon.
We are all booked at the Marriott at 630 West John Carpenter Freeway Irving. They told me that they were pretty close to the show location.

·
Retro-a-go-go
94 Posts
BHRIFIC said:
We are all booked at the Marriott at 630 West John Carpenter Freeway Irving. They told me that they were pretty close to the show location.
The Marriott is in the general area but is over on the 114 Freeway, about 4 or 5 miles from the show location on the 183 Freeway. You can pretty much drive straight down MacArthur from 114 to 183 and then head west to the show.

The host hotel is on the same 183 Freeway as the show, about 2 miles west of the show location.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Colo. New Bugs to TNBRU

Last year one bug from the Springs and I met up
and went. We met up on I-25 got off at Raton NM and
went into Amarillo. Picked up another bug and went on
into Dallas. Dont know who from the Colo. Club is going
this year, but will let you know. We stayed at the
Drury Hotel, it was very nice with big rooms.

RLM

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for posting the host hotel info. I was looking up hotels on travelocity.com and of course, they don't give out hotel phone numbers, since they want you to book with THEM! The Drury Inn looks nice. :) I think I'm going to go through OK since I want to see the Oklahoma City bombing memorial.

Cori

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea!! I booked my mom and me at the Drury Inn. What a deal!! Free pop and snacks and popcorn and long distance and breakfast....yum. I'm getting really excited now!:banana: Did ya'll park together in the parking lot last year? Somebody should take a pic of that. :p I'm already thinking about what food to take, how much for gas...Maybe I should take a run around the block, I'm too excited to sleep!! :D Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Cori

P.S. Any OK people want to hook up with us on Friday morning, March 31?

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
CoriBug said:
Yea!! I booked my mom and me at the Drury Inn. What a deal!! Free pop and snacks and popcorn and long distance and breakfast....yum. I'm getting really excited now!:banana: Did ya'll park together in the parking lot last year? Somebody should take a pic of that. :p I'm already thinking about what food to take, how much for gas...Maybe I should take a run around the block, I'm too excited to sleep!! :D Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Cori

P.S. Any OK people want to hook up with us on Friday morning, March 31?
We are leaving Wichita on Friday morning and will go straight thru OKC. Not sure of time yet but last year we had 6 beetles in our caravan. Maybe we can hook up in OKC. We will have more details as time gets closer to the event as to what time we will be going thru. We are staying at the Drury Inn. It is a very nive place.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Yes you did and we will be eating again this year on Sunday morning before the road rally. We had a blast doing the rally last year and plan on doing it again this year.:D

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Rubie and yelojkt. That would be fun to meet up in OKC. I think that would work perfectly. Even if I don't caravan to OKC, at least I'll drive in to TX in one! :) Thanks for the link to the pics Antoine.

Cori

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
hey so any colo dubbers goint to caravan?

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My mom and I are going through Oklahoma City and will spend the night there. We're planning to hook up with rubie and yelojkt and their caravan in OKC. I know the Colorado caravan went through Colo Springs last year, but I think that way is a little longer. Besides, we want to see the bombing memorial. If you want to come with us to OK, we're going to take E470 to I-70 east to Kansas. You're more than welcome to! Planning on leaving about 4am March 30.

Cori

13 days until day of departure!! Yay!

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
yea that is how we will go but we are 2 poor college students so i think we will drive it straight through all day thurs and skip the room and board that night.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would you like go with us to Oklahoma City on Thursday? Like I said before, we're planning on leaving about 4am so we get there in plenty of time. We live at Harmony and Timberline, close to I-25. PM me if you want to carabug!! :)

Cori

1 - 20 of 21 Posts