NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to put some pink/magenta film covering over my headlights, but I'm not sure how 'legal' it is? Has anyone else done this and had any problems? From what I can see from videos (I've never seen anyone in this area have it done before) they add a light tint when the headlights are actually on...but I'm not sure if that would be an issue. Thoughts? I'd want it to look something like this

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see people around Michigan with blacked out(sometimes yellow) headlights and brake lights all the time. I don't know your local laws but you will most likely be fine. Even if you were to get pulled over they would probably just ask you to remove it.
Let me know if you do it, I would like to see :) I have considered making mine blue.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,010 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Not even for the legality of it. But its going to tint the color of the light coming out and make it harder for you to see and annoy other drivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im not finding any clear case on if its legal or not in PA. I hadn't seen it in anything other than the yellow or the black out too, but then one day I saw a fellow blue beetle with some in a really pretty blue and it made me wonder. I wouldn't want to be pulled over for it tho but I almost want to just risk 'i didnt know' and get rid of it and have had it for awhile then to not have it at all...going to at least do the back lights with the pink to at least subtle pink it up. Torn :/

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
If a car comes through an inspection in NYS, and it has anything not factory covering the headlights-it bombs inspection.

Odd that no one from PA has chimed in as of yet.

S-

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i had blue headlight film on my old bug. no probs in texas.

-jd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If a car comes through an inspection in NYS, and it has anything not factory covering the headlights-it bombs inspection.

Odd that no one from PA has chimed in as of yet.

S-
Damn, thats what I'm afraid of. Wish I could get like some ghetto peel off decal version to take off for inspections haha. I did however see another car (with exactly the color magenta I want) today with PA plates...I so wish I would have just gotten out of the car and asked the other bug I saw with it done when I had the chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts