NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the comfort control module. 2 weeks ago I took the door panels off to paint the black rubberized coated (nasty looking top part of the door) and when i put it all back together the door locks and window from the driver side did not work. I took the driver side door panel off again to see if I forgot to plug the connector going to the switch , but everything was in place. I thought that it was the power window switch at first, but if I connect the passenger side connector onto the driver side works fine. In other words, the passenger side connector can be plugged onto any side of the switch and it operate the passenger side window, so is not the switch. Then I thought that it could be the window motor for the passenger side, but when i insert the key in the door lock and turn it both ways, both windows go up and down just fine, so is not the motor. And I can not lock or unlock the door locks from the driver side, I have to use the remote control or the passenger side to do so. It started acting crazy after I plugged everything back up and re-installed the door panels, before that , it was fine. I read that it could be the Comfort Control Module, but before I start looking for it I wanted to ask you guys first, to see if anybody have experienced this before and what are other possible causes for my car to be acting this way. Thank you in advance!

2000 Beetle 2.0 GLS

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
It could be in the wiring harness. I think they may be somewhat delicate. Others have had problems with the wiring in the door. Look for damage to the wires to the driver's window switch connector and the power lock switch connector. If you like I can give you the pin-to-pin connections between those two connectors and the door controller connector. There is actually a micro-controller built into the door that is part of the power window motor assembly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red99 please send me the diagram :) I had the cel issue with the p0102 fixed .. Only thing left to do is to find out about the driver side window and I can start enjoying my bug . Bought it for $2300 and since I had it I've spent $150 for a exhaust manifold because it was cracked and found one at a salvage yard , $180 to get it installed , $85 on a maf sensor needed , and $79 dollars to get a led light installed for the check engine light ... Since the previous owner removed it in order to sell me the car :mad:.. I hope theres nothing major with the driver side window and locks not working ...or I will not be going on vacation this year lol

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Here are the connections. There is a 29 pin connector at the door control module and 5 pin connectors for the window regulator and the power lock switch. I'll give the switch pin first, then the control module pin.

For the driver's side window regulator switch:

pin 1 to pin 7
pin 2 to ground

For the power lock switch:

pin 2 to pin 23
pin 4 to ground

1 - 6 of 6 Posts