NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which incidentally was a maintenance nightmare!!! But I digress... ;)

To be honest, the wife and I were rather surprised we went with our new '12 Turbo Beetle. Not that we hated the reborn Beetle line, but we thought it was too curvy a car. But in shopping for the Mini's replacement, the Turbo REALLY caught our eye. Wife said it looked like a Beetle and a Porsche had a child. For me, it reminded MORE of the original Bug that my cousin once owned. She's a sucker for any leather interior whilst I'm a sucker for ANYTHING Keyless. But both of us were shocked at the performance and handling was impressive as our sales rep took us thru some twisties. This puppy could give our old Mini a run for its money in the twists, and force it to eat its dust in the straightaways. :p Haha

So that's us, two people that are now proud owners of our new as of yet to be named baby. Plans are in the works for a christening roadtrip. Just gotta figure out WHERE.

Regards,

Alex
San Mateo, CA

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Great looking car - welcome to the site. My wife also though the same of the Porsche and Beetle merger - thus the name for my new B12+ "PoMan" form the merger of "Poor Man's Porsche".

We'd love to invite you from the MINI side to our TOD coming up soon in May.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. And thanks for the invite. I'll look it up and see if we can make it.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Welcome to the org buddy! glad to have you a part of our collective.

Yeah, the 12+B seems to have a Porsche feel to it. I'm with you though... it does have a feel of the old school Beetles. Weather it's a Borsche or a Peetle, we're happy for the new addition to your famly's stable.

and I echo big Ed's sentiments. we would love to have you join us for TOD in May. more info can be found in a link inserted in my signature.

please keep posting and don't be a stranger. We love your pics. Keep them coming!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weather it's a Borsche or a Peetle...
Bwahahaha!!! My wife loves to name our cars, and THOSE are definitely on the potential list!!! Thanks for your welcome.

Alex
San Mateo, CA

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Bwahahaha!!! My wife loves to name our cars, and THOSE are definitely on the potential list!!! Thanks for your welcome.

Alex
San Mateo, CA
My wife loves to add "other" names.to my new beetle BUT that's another story...safe for work names of course :p

Keep on posting Alex.. Love having you here man.

-Al/scarabY2k

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Head north, to Portland! That would be a nice christening! :lol:

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the Beetle! :party:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the org! Diggin the new Beetle. :) Great to have ya!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh... the wife n I just settled on the name. "Putz", short for Putzig, which is German for Cute.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
That's a great name, very unique and it fits! Welcome to the Beetle family.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts