NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who digs a good commercial? Not everything that crosses the screen mind you. They're just some that split your side with laughter :rotfl: and some that really impact your emotions in one way or another.

So tell me....what are some commercials that tickle your fancy.:director:

Al/ScarabY2k

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
The latest Steak 'N Shake one. The one with the milk shakes that don't show up in the mirror, and then at the end are hanging up side down. I kind of like that one.

OH! The old DQ one for the frozen coffees, where the lady is doing a blind taste test, get's up and runs right into the wall. I love that one.

Speaking of food, Al, we need to get together for a breakfast get together.

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
The T Mobile commercial where the Dad is dealing with his various children by only yelling at them for their wireless bills. The daughter got an A in advanced physics, the son is dressing in drag, and the other son drives through the garage door. All the father can focus on is the wireless bills! So funny.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Al, I'm glad you asked.

One that crossed my mind as of late is the ad for the Hummer H3 spoofing the three bears. Pretty funny IMHO.

Another funny one is the Southwest Airlines "It must be football season" spot. Where the lady is in the store and she bends over. Another lady, thinking she's in the locker room, pops her with a towel(?). Good stuff.

An oldie, well a few years old anyway. This one is for Juicy Fruit Gum. Its supposed to be this kiddy show which features this goofy Barney type of fish with her sugar-sweet giddy host. They're singing their caring and sharing diddy and Mr. Fish keeps trying to foist the gum from giddy girl. Finally he snatches the gum from the girl. Once she realizes that her gum was pilfered, she bumrushes him and gives him a ghetto-style beatdown. Awesome.

I'm sure i'll think of more. Of course theirs the classics, which will get some honorable mention i'm sure.

keep on buggin,
Al/Scarab Y2k

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
73standard said:
The latest Steak 'N Shake one. The one with the milk shakes that don't show up in the mirror, and then at the end are hanging up side down. I kind of like that one.

OH! The old DQ one for the frozen coffees, where the lady is doing a blind taste test, get's up and runs right into the wall. I love that one.

Speaking of food, Al, we need to get together for a breakfast get together.
Dude, Sup?
Speaking of DQ. How about the one where the girls cat "muffin" kicks it and boyfriend in an lame attempt to console her, slurps down her mocha. AWESOME:D

Bug breakfast? I'm on it. I'll post a thread and see who (besides us faithful) will bite.

Man you guys are quick on the draw. Like sharks in chummed waters. Gotta love it.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
OH! The Pepsi commercial where the guy is in the kitchen making a sandwhich, leaves and the dog grabs it and his Pepsi. Then the dog sets it up to make it look like the cat did it.

And there are some new ones out now with the tag line "Need a vacation from your vacation?" Those are good. One has a guy in the bathroom brushing his teeth, he goes to open the shower and you hear him say "Hi mom...... Hi dad" and just walks out.

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Clio Awards.. you must know what they are, if you love commercials!

One of the funniest I can recall at the moment was run during one of those awards shows. I am pretty sure it was from Japan. Picture 3 or 4 kids in a tub playing in waist-high water. All of a sudden, they all move away from one child, as small bubbles begin bursting through the water around him. I have no idea what was being peddled.

The Joe Isuzu commercials from years ago were pretty darn funny.

As far as more recent stuff, I really can't say, as I watch very little TV anymore.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
scarabY2k said:
Dude, Sup?
Speaking of DQ. How about the one where the girls cat "muffin" kicks it and boyfriend in an lame attempt to console her, slurps down her mocha. AWESOME:D

Bug breakfast? I'm on it. I'll post a thread and see who (besides us faithful) will bite.

Man you guys are quick on the draw. Like sharks in chummed waters. Gotta love it.
:goodjob: Very cool!

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JrsyGrl said:
The T Mobile commercial where the Dad is dealing with his various children by only yelling at them for their wireless bills. The daughter got an A in advanced physics, the son is dressing in drag, and the other son drives through the garage door. All the father can focus on is the wireless bills! So funny.
That commercial is off the hook!!! The clincher for me is when the boy nails the garage door. I'm crackin up as we speak.:D :D

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boblamb58 said:
Clio Awards.. you must know what they are, if you love commercials!

One of the funniest I can recall at the moment was run during one of those awards shows. I am pretty sure it was from Japan. Picture 3 or 4 kids in a tub playing in waist-high water. All of a sudden, they all move away from one child, as small bubbles begin bursting through the water around him. I have no idea what was being peddled.

The Joe Isuzu commercials from years ago were pretty darn funny.

As far as more recent stuff, I really can't say, as I watch very little TV anymore.
Ditto on all the aforementioned, especially the flagilant bathtub commercial-classic.

Do they ever televise the CLIO awards? Yes I know what they are but never see any televised presentations. You would think with all the Super Bowl commercial hype, they would put em on the tube.

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
OMG

Bring back the Joe Boxer commercial with the dancing dude.

I love him------I even still have his website in my favs.

But no. I am not a psycho stalker.

OOOOooooooo gotta go---phones ringing might be him finally returning the 9000000 messages I left him.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
I love the commercial where they guy goes and picks this girl up for a date. He opens the car door for her and she gets in and as he's walking around to the drivers side she lets a big one rip! he gets in and introduces her to his friends in the back seat! LMAO!!

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
There's one from I think, Lending Tree that shows this guy talking about how great his life is, car, house, country club, etc. The he says How do I do it? "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!" with a huge grin on his face then he says, "Somebody help me" as he's mowing his grass. I don't know what did it, but I thought it was a hysterical commercial. Then of cousre I'm a fan of VWs "Da Da Da", and "Dreamer" NB commercial, oh and who could forget the commercial I did for Mothers car wax.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
the blake auto body commercials (from San Jose CA if memory serves) are hilarious...special favorite is the snowplow commercial.

basically, nerdy snowplow driver gets his revenge on the former schoolyard bully---bully beat him up when they were young kids.

runs over the bully's car with the snowplow. ahh, karma. :wink:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
angelworks said:
OMG

Bring back the Joe Boxer commercial with the dancing dude.

I love him------I even still have his website in my favs.

But no. I am not a psycho stalker.

OOOOooooooo gotta go---phones ringing might be him finally returning the 9000000 messages I left him.
that commercial was awesome!

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
there's a mercedes commerical in germany that is something to the effect of a guy comes home really bummed out and his wife asks what was wrong. he replies that he had a break down. she slaps him up side the head and yelled, "Mercedes don't break down!!!"

she's soooooo right. :D

1 - 20 of 106 Posts