VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new roof and I have several options. I bought burgundy roof top cover that I purchased from auto tops direct. I also just found a green whole roof from Craigslist. My car is cream.

Option 1: install burgundy roof top cover which seems to be pretty difficult.
Option 2: install burgundy cover on purchased green roof top so I cam work on it outside of the car. Them install whole roof top on car.
Option 3:install whole green rooftop on car and return burgundy cover.

One of the things that is stopping me right now is that I can't find instructions for installing the whole top. I know its easier than just doing the top cover but can't find any info.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEkdd_ef0OU

Not sure I am totally following you on this.

You have an entire top with frame from a green car?

You have the burgundy top fabric?

I would just replace the top fabric long before I would deal with the entire top frame.

I may be willing to rent out the zipper tool and the rear support brackets as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm almost finished replacing the top with the burgundy cover. hasn't been to difficult. didnt need the brackets or the zipper tool.

the only issue I'm having is that my beetle didn't come with a cover to begin with. the new cover didn't bring the window support brackets and i don't have them. can anyone please send me a picture of their back window,so i can see how i attach the support guides to the window?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts