NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this is my issue. I just purchased a used 2000 new Beetle. When I purchase the car, the car was towed to my house by supposed friends of a friend. The car was running. The guys that towed the car we're trying supposedly to bypass the Anti-Theft immobilizer because I only had half of the key. My ex had the key fob. I guess I should say it was broken when I purchase the car. The people who towed the car also have a 2000 new Beetle. When I got the car the dash was taken apart and the central computer or brain was in the passenger seat. Could they possibly have swapped my computer for their computer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If the computer was still in the seat and not reattached, then no it wont crank. If you have reattached the ECU and it still won't crank then you need to check your battery.
Even if it's the wrong computer it should still crank and maybe even start, it would just shut off after 3 seconds. That problem can be solved with an immo delete. Goes the immo light flash when you try and start the car? The light shaped like a car with a key shape underneath it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts