·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, welcome. I am Dustin, the interim head for the club, after our founders beetle died. We are trying to get a bugs for breakfast meet going, and we are looking for a club leader. If you or you know of any fellow beetle friends that wants to take on the role, let me know. I can remain on for website maintenance/updating. I will do my best to help out! :)

If you arent shy about promoting the club, I can draft up some tags and flyers for ya!

If I havent scared you away, welcome again! :)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
cool to see some activity on this thread.

here's a tidbit for you. if you have the passion don't leave this club. with your full plate schedule, maybe you can have someone to co-lead the club with you. Chuckie & I run Duval Dubs here in Jacksonville. I believe if you have many helping you in your endeavors, it insures longevity in what you do... your club will have staying power.

with that being said, I echo Matty's sentiments, and hope you will take on some facet of this club. it has been a rewarding experience for me, and I've met life long friends along the way. I'm sure you will too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
At the moment, Matty is looking for someone to pick up the baton and get the CT group fired up.

As with Matty, I too spearhead a local/regional.beetle club... dD- Duval Dubs here in Jacksonville, FL. At minimum, you need to keep your eyes peeled for new folks from your area joining the org & facebook group as well as bumping this thread and the club site to keep it active. Invite folk to join and generate a buzz. This, hopefully will generate the people's interest to get together for beetle meets, car shows and road trips.

The bucket begins to fill with one drop...It all starts with one.

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
i dont have a New beetle anymore but i have my 63 "Lowla"
Vince, I say put your hands to the plow and help out with the club... you are a new Beetle alum & that counts for something:D

our club here in Jacksonville has a couple of members who no longer have their new beetles, or now owners of an air-cooled bug. still they have a passion for the car, as well as friendships that were forged through owning it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Coastie Wife
15 Posts
Heading to CT

Hey guys. Is anyone still around? I noticed the FB page is no longer active. We are moving to East Haven, CT this summer. My husband is in the Coast Guard. We were there for 4 years from 2010-2014 then moved to VA and now we are going back for 4 more years. We are kind of a shy, homebody-type couple but we both own VW's. I have the Beetle. He has a Jetta. Does anyone in the area still participate on forums or still do meetups at all?

~Debbie

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Hey guys. Is anyone still around? I noticed the FB page is no longer active. We are moving to East Haven, CT this summer. My husband is in the Coast Guard. We were there for 4 years from 2010-2014 then moved to VA and now we are going back for 4 more years. We are kind of a shy, homebody-type couple but we both own VW's. I have the Beetle. He has a Jetta. Does anyone in the area still participate on forums or still do meetups at all?

~Debbie
Debbie, I sent ya a PM kiddo. :)

There's several if us on this thread, who'll help get things in motion again. We've got your back. And I'm sure others in the CT area will join in and help you mind the store.

You can dooooo eeeeet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts