NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- save for the cup holder configuration - Is there a difference in consoles or is the same unit used (except for trim around the shift mechanism(s)?
Bart

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that with the correct forward piece you can interchance between years, but what I would like to know is.. Is the stick and automatic the same console but with a different boot/auto selector in the hole.

In other words : If I find a console from an automatic, can I use it in a stick shift car (will my boot replace the automatic selector plate)

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
I understand that with the correct forward piece you can interchance between years, but what I would like to know is.. Is the stick and automatic the same console but with a different boot/auto selector in the hole.

In other words : If I find a console from an automatic, can I use it in a stick shift car (will my boot replace the automatic selector plate)
Yes they are the same, the shift boot will pop right in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts

yes the consoles are same difference is shift boot or automatic gear selector.
Thats what I have found.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts