NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run these tires on their Beetle? My tire guy wants to sell me 4 for my 2000 Beetle GLS 2.0L.

Thank you again!

George

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
I run a larger size on my Turbo S (17inch) but they are common dealer tires on new cars. I have spotted them on the 2012 Beetle as well that that Ford Transit truck posted in the other rides section (pics below). Tire opinions are like butt holes but fact of the matter is they wouldn't be on a new car at the dealership unless they rode well.

I find nothing wrong with them and they ride better than the directional sporty tread ones I had before I got them a few months ago.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run a larger size on my Turbo S (17inch) but they are common dealer tires on new cars. I have spotted them on the 2012 Beetle as well that that Ford Transit truck posted in the other rides section (pics below). Tire opinions are like butt holes but fact of the matter is they wouldn't be on a new car at the dealership unless they rode well.

I find nothing wrong with them and they ride better than the directional sporty tread ones I had before I got them a few months ago.

Thanks so much Zann!

·
BugsyTs
25 Posts
Conti Tires

I have them on my bug and I think they are great tires. I have 18" goal rims so this tire was a perfect match. They hold the road, great tread design - didn't do too bad in light snow, pretty strong sidewall. I know I'm replying late to your post but I wanted to share the information anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Highly recommended. Excellent choice. Check Tire Rack (no affiliation) to see if their price is better. In my area, it is almost always less money to buy online and pay freight and mounting fees rather than pay the increased prices of local suppliers. Just a thought!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The ContiProContact tires are Mediocre tires at best. They have been pretty much on a lot of new VW's since the dawn of time. My brother has them on his Passat and they didn't even last 25k miles before he had to replace them. If you do want to go Continental Tires I would highly recommend the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tire. It is the BEST tire that Continental Makes and has Excellent Reviews and tread wear ratings.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

I put them on my Nissan Maxima when the stock tires wore out. These have fantastic traction in dry, wet and even light snow conditions. Highly recommended.

·
456 Posts
If you do want to go Continental Tires I would highly recommend the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tire. It is the BEST tire that Continental Makes and has Excellent Reviews and tread wear.
I second that. I have been running DWS in 225/40/18 for two years now. Fantastic tire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great tires! I have them on my 2006 New Beetle and handling is awesome dry or wet. Those will be my next set of tires for my diesel beetle when the time comes. Prices are fairly reasonable too.

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Speaking of tires... I am ordering Vredestein ultrac sessenta 225/35/19's for my Bug next month, my reward for not killing anyone at work this year. I have a set of them on my Mustang, by light years the most amazing tires I have ever owned. The only downside is that during burnouts the tires produce a greyish-black smoke and when I lay rubber on asphalt i'm actually laying a silica based something or the other that looks like grey chalk, like I had my 'stang hooked up to 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts