NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all of you convertible control experts, here is one that even a seasoned VW convertible dealership hasn’t gotten right yet.
Passenger Window will not go up or down, and will not drop for convertible. Passenger door lock will not lock, unlock (no response to any commands). As a result of course the Convertible top is not recognizing door position or window drop confirmation and is completely dead. It will not lower, and will not raise if manually bypassed and lowered. All other three windows drop, and the little doors in the back open and close.
We have been chasing it as a door problem in common with anything that provides feedback to the convertible.
Window controller has been replaced.
Door latch mechanism has been replaced.
Wiring in door and feed thru atthe hinge point into the chassis has been physically checked.
I need information regarding a common splice point, sub system fuse, an auxiliary relay, or anything that can be traced as something in common.
Can anyone share the wiring diagram for the convertible controls and passenger door wiring so we can try to find the common denominator.

Yes, all failed at exactly the same time, NO intermittents.

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can share to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,
I am having the same issue on my 2004 beetle. Passenger electrics aren’t working - door doesn’t lock, unable to open from inside, Window would not go up, rear view mirror unable to adjust. Instead of fixing the window I have just had it propped up.
Now I have noticed the convertible does not work.
Did you end up fixing your problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts