NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bitsy the Bug
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals, I just purchased a used boot cover on EBAY for my wifes 2005 Beetle and noticed the hard plastic corners underneath are broken. Will this effect the performance of the boot?? I worry about wind getting underneath the boot due to the hard plastic corners being broken. Is this going to be a problem ?? or are these boots mostly cosmetic and not functional??

I worry about the wind getting under this boot and ripping it off... In the EBAY ad the description does not mention broken plastic corners...

What do you think....

Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Russ,

It will not affect the performance of the boot as it just sets there. The hard plastic just keeps the front top side of the actual top smooth after you lock it in place at the top rear of the car. Does this make sense?

I'm surprised that the seller did NOT mention this to you. :confused:

As long as you have the cover "locked" down and in p[lace where the tabs fit AND tuck the rear of the cover under the dropped top itself, just above the chrome trim, you should be good to go.

Jerry

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 04. There is a buyer protection on Ebay that guarantees you a refund from the seller if the item wasn't 'as described' in their auction.

I would write the seller and let them know that this item wasn't described as it was shipped to you. If the seller doesn't offer at least a partial refund payment, you can take the matter to Ebay for whatever refund you think you are due.

The problem with this item is that those boots are heavy and shipping would be a lot. But since this seller didn't mention these defects, the shipping amount should be on his/her end. If they don't offer to pay for the return shipping, then just ask for a partial refund since you want to keep the item anyway.

You have a right to at least a partial refund since the item was defective. I don't know what you paid for this boot but I'm thinking a used boot in good shape would be at least $100 so I would ask for half of that back if that is what you paid.

Just my two cents for what it is worth..... :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Russ,

I was "partially" correct...and this is MY mistake. As long as the tab snaps into the retainer on the rear top edge of body, you're fine, but if the plastic were torn or broken along side of the tab..then you would have an issue...the plastic not only smooths out the rear top most corner of the top, but also is part of the tab that holds the boot cover in place on the body...BUT after looking at your photos, you should be fine, BUT...IF I were you AND I am not, I'd complain to the seller about this cover.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts