VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am curious as to what other things VW put into the space on the vert style center console (I know this console was used in steel roof Bugs also) show me some pics. I bought this console from a wreaked o5 convertible to put in my 01 GLS.
The part that came with the console as seen in my hand was the plate and switch for the hyd top. I had part of a piece I found in a color concept that would have filled this space with a power outlet and was going to try and get a new one from vw but cant find it around the house and VW wants the part number. I have seen in pictures somewhere a plate with a lock cylinder - what it locks I haven't a clue. I wondered if they also just made a blank cover. Since my fellow Orgers are driving these daily post em up I want to see what options we have to fill this space !

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an almost see it version of the Color Concept version that had the power outlet. This was said to be from an 05 but the one I found that was broken was out of an 03. Anyone have this piece?
Any other versions of this hole filler ?

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phew, I found the piece, now I have the number on the back. Someone must have broken this to get the socket out at the junkyard. I did an FYI on how the sucker comes apart enabling you to reuse the thing or replace the caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found an '04 GLS that was a flood total and retrieved the part today. Look how corroded this lighter is. It is literally falling apart in my hands. I guess flood cars are something to be wary of. Fortunately it's only the plastic filler piece I need for my project

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts