NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Melanin Queen
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! My 2006 VW beetle convertible top won't go down. Winter has just started to leave the good state of Georgia and I wanted to put my top back to have the wind blow through my natural curls, lol. No bueno. I pressed the button and nothing happened. No sounds from the top, no sound from the indicator light as i popped the top as if to pull it back and drive (isn't there supposed to be an annoying buzzer??) but i have noticed the indicator light showing the VW beetle symbol is lit and solid...not blinking like it used to as i put the top back. Randomly I have noticed that the indicator light would blink for a few seconds while driving. The top is latched at that point. No clue.

I did try the "reset" process of turning the car off and on and working the windows with the master switch, but to no avail. Any ideas, peeps? I'm stressed! I like the wind to blow in my face and hair!!!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
What happens when you release the manual latch near the windshield??

Do all the windows drop about 3 inches?

There are some micro switches that have problems, there is one on the front of the top that detects that the top is latched at the windshield that goes bad and the "wings" in the back also have switches that have problems.

Without a proper tool to read Convertible Top codes and sensors you need to search, research and learn at least about the switch for the front windshield detection and then go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts