NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to fix this issue. The interior of the convertible top (trim?) keeps coming out of the metal track around the rear windshield on the inside of the vehicle. It seems as if the tension is too tight and needs adjusting but I don't know where to locate. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
mine is doing the exact same thing. My dad got back there and inspected and said theres a tiny little plastic clip that is broken on mine that would normally hold the lining in place. It is only doing it on one side of mine so I was able to compare and that's how I was able to tell. I haven't gotten it checked out to see how much it will cost to fix. i mean it would probably be mostly labor since its just that tiny plastic piece, but it does look like you would want a professional to do it.
If you end up having the same problem and you get it fixed will you let me know how much it costs?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Always learning...

Thanks Blugg, never noticed that obscure feature before. Learned something today. From the titles, at least one IS related. Speaking of not noticing something, is that a new signature? Funny...

Yes, and fitting!

M.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Thanks Blugg, never noticed that obscure feature before. Learned something today. From the titles, at least one IS related. Speaking of not noticing something, is that a new signature? Funny...

Yes, and fitting!

M.
The only problem to that feature with the bottom box, is you have to post a question before it will search for relevant answers..

New sig yes, fitting? I agree.

No point in me wading in with an answer, then get told it's wrong. So a guess is as good as a fact .. Hopefully. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure i will....i found this on the forums here. they seem to address the issue with metal clips that go around the inside of the windshield...holding the headliner in place. seems worth trying but not sure because the headliner seems really taut....tight

file:///C:/Users/Russell/Desktop/Headliner%20Loose%20from%20Back%20Window%20-%20NewBeetle.org%20Forums.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts