VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought Boumba at the dealer 'cause the flaps didn't want to go down and had no response to the top operation.
With my one hour authorization to check the electric system, the verdict came:
1- Have to change the switch $380.00 plus labor and taxes;
2- Need 1 to 2 more hours to verify another problem;
3- The switch does not seem to respond adequatly;
4- Supposely something is catching in the mecanism;
5- As for the switch this would be a repair done on several NBC;
6- Dealer offers to put the top manual for 190$.

Well that is it folks!

I think I'll make a call to VW Canada just to see if the switch cannot be consider a possible recall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brought Boumba at the dealer 'cause the flaps didn't want to go down and had no response to the top operation.
With my one hour authorization to check the electric system, the verdict came:
1- Have to change the switch $380.00 plus labor and taxes;
2- Need 1 to 2 more hours to verify another problem;
3- The switch does not seem to respond adequatly;
4- Supposely something is catching in the mecanism;
5- As for the switch this would be a repair done on several NBC;
6- Dealer offers to put the top manual for 190$.

Well that is it folks!

I think I'll make a call to VW Canada just to see if the switch cannot be consider a possible recall.
You might want change the Power Window Motor on the door that the window doesn't go up or down, and if its both, change passenger side first. On these beetles the power windows also have the window module built into the motor. The module for the convertible analyze multiple functions, lifting and lowering window, signaling to the top down button, door window lowering and raising window when opening and closing the doors. If you going to the salvage yard you have to get one from a convertible ....I actually took my car to a VW dealer and they put it on the computer, but nothing identified the power window motors as being defective ... Good luck ... it worth the try ...

By the way replacing the door window motors as easy .. disconnect the battery, remove three screws the bottom of the door holding in the panel. Two screws in door handle and three screws that hold the motor in place ... I am not a technician so proceed at your own risk .... Good Luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
This post was from about 11 years ago. Sounds like that dealer/mechanic has no clue how to work on these cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts