VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Beetle Sports Edition
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows what kind of coolant we use on our 1.8T? I searched o'reilly's and their website says coolant does not fit Beetle! wTF?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,299 Posts
G12/G12+/G13 from VW. Or Pentosin Pentofrost SF (G12 equivalent) or E (G13 equivalent). You should be able to get the Pentosin from an auto parts store.

G12 would have been what it came with from the factory (pink) but VW has since come out with updated coolants and now we're at G13 (purple) and they should be fine to mix together.

Reactions: Natem21

·
Registered
2001 Beetle Sports Edition
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G12/G12+/G13 from VW. Or Pentosin Pentofrost SF (G12 equivalent) or E (G13 equivalent). You should be able to get the Pentosin from an auto parts store.

G12 would have been what it came with from the factory (pink) but VW has since come out with updated coolants and now we're at G13 (purple) and they should be fine to mix together.
Appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If the coolant already in your system is any color other than pink or violet do not mix the correct vw fluid with what’s already in your system. If the coolant currently in your system is green or yellow or blue or brown, you can not add the pink or violet vw coolant to those it will form jello and clog your cooling system. You will need to flush you coolant system completely if you do not currently have the correct coolant.

Brown would be a sign that the coolant has already been mixed and could be a problem.

The correct vw fluid will be pink or violet/purple.

·
Registered
78 Posts
G12 pink or G13 violet

2003 VW New Beetle GLX 1.8T,06A AWP Block,AEB head, Crower Stage 3 Cams,Big Turbo GTX3582 .70/.82 A/R, Turbosmart 38mm EWG, Siemens 1000cc/Gen.2, HKS SSQV BOV, Winols ME 7.5, Mafless,SAI,EVAP, rear 02 Delete, IMMO DEF, E85-E100 tune, Greddy FMIC, 30row -10AN oil cooler, HellCat 550lph pump. 5bar aFPR, bored/honed/stock 03+ small port intake manifold, 3”I.d. DP/Turbo back/ hood exit/ 3”I.d stock placed exhaust w/cutout-electronic. Stage “4 extreme,daily” SBC clutch kit. 04 VW GLI K04-064 ,AEB TT225 head ,AWP block , maestro me7 LowLyme martytuned 2++ full delete/defeat tune, 3” cat delete exhaust straight piped. Stage3 clutch. 03 VW Wolfsburg 1.8t Jetta K04 built head stage 2 clutch stage 2 tune. Stock bottom end, stock injectors. All solid builds. Only one is a BEASTLE. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts