VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! This is my first post and I’m sure it won’t be my last. I can usually google my issues away but I’m stumped at this point. My 2006 2.5 with a single fan is running hot and the fan isn’t switching on. It tried to come on at around 200-210 degF but does not stay on. Only intermitently, every once and a while. I replaced the t-stat and coolant temp sensor but to no avail. I’m trying to find the coolant fan switch but where the internet told me it would be, there is just a plug with no wires in sight. I’m attaching a pic to show you what I’m seeing. Any help would be appreciated.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Steering part Bumper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I just have an OBD Bluetooth scan tool. I’ll look through that thread. I’m pretty sure I looked at it earlier today and didn’t find what I was looking for. But a second time couldn’t hurt. The fan shroud is cracked anyway and the fan has been rubbing on the wire over for the shroud. I’m going to drop the fan and shroud tomorrow and just replace both since I’m pretty much overhauling half of the cooling system. I’m just literally baffled on why there’s supposed to be a thermo switch there but it’s just a plastic threaded plug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a heads up. Dropped the fan and shroud. Nowhere on the radiator for a coolant fan thermo switch. No relay under the battery or under the dash because the internet says 75 different things about one year of a car. Searching the internet for 2006 2.5 beetle repair info is possibly the worst bunch of mismatched info I’ve ever seen! Found a broken A/C control valve, which could be part of the problem. Search the web for a replacement valve and get the wrong one. Even the OEM diagrams are wrong. Im almost to my budget to repair this car. After that it’s getting launched off the nearest cliff!
Drill Gas Cylinder Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exhaust Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Human body Tread Pipeline transport Automotive exhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts