VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here, and would like to ask, does anyone know if any Co. out there manufacturers a replacement aluminum coolant flange that mounts to the side of the block on a 2004 new beetle AWV 1.8 L turbo engine. They make one for almost every other model, but I have searched the internet. and find none for this engine.

Thank you,

Jon

· Registered
19,258 Posts
We have been searching for one for many years; at this point no one has made any for sale but there are some fabricators and vw specialty parts shops, that say they will make them for a price with some wanting a minimum order. Quotes for them being fabbed, were hundreds of dollars per part, as they were machined billet aluminum parts, tig welded and custom options, like port deletes, an fitting ports, etc. If you are interested in pursuing this this; i can give you some links to the shops that can do this.

Fir some reason, no one has made the 1.8T cooling flange; for the new beetle, the shape is different, for the rear hose outlet and has a extra hose port on the bottom (not the same as the golf, jetta, etc).

The most affordably option, would be a cast aluminum part; compared to billet aluminum fabricated route but the vendors i have contacted, want minimum orders and pricing, to make it worth their time to go into production.

The cast aluminum Chinese cooling parts, tend to be knockoffs of others who have the parts made overseas; unfortunately the 1.8T New Beetle is neglected, not seen as a platform, people want ti make parts for.

Note: i just refreshed my cooling system and replaced many plastic parts with aluminum but just not the flange off the head. Some of the aluminum parts for the golf/jetta; do fit on the 1.8T New Beetle but not all with some shape variations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the complete info. This is the wife's car which gets driven very little. So at this point will just opt for the plastic cooler flange. Just would have been nice though to install an aluminum. I would have even went for the Chinese knock off:) I'm doing a delete on all the hosing systems Evap, SAI, N49 etc. adding a oil catch can & new air input filter. and cleaning up the bay.

It is a shame more is not produces for that beetle in performance parts, for I know I am not the only one that owns model that Beetle.

Thank you!

· Registered
19,258 Posts
The 1.8T has been tuning and modified for a long time, a mature performance mod platform. Performance parts are widely available, the motor and trans, other mechanical parts;
are the same or similar to the other Mark IV platform VW’s and some Audi models. The weak areas, are oddball parts, that were made that are New Beetle specific; example being cooling parts, external bolt on engine parts, sai system, cooling system, hoses etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I am new here, and would like to ask, does anyone know if any Co. out there manufacturers a replacement aluminum coolant flange that mounts to the side of the block on a 2004 new beetle AWV 1.8 L turbo engine. They make one for almost every other model, but I have searched the internet. and find none for this engine.

Thank you,

Jon
Save money ... go to a Pic-a-Part or salvage yard ... there are always 1.8T ...and the coolant flange will be inexpensive.

Prior to going - - look at the part on VWparts.com and when you pull up your part ... go to the tab that says, "what else it fits" .. not likely but it may also be used in other vehicles ... ie; Jetta's

Good Luck ... a new one is very expensive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts