VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got my car in 2014 when it had 58 miles and 2.5 years later I have 66,000. I do drive a lot. I wanted to know if anyone suggests a coolant flush? The manuel on my 2.5L Beetle does not mention it. But I heard through the grapevine it gets dirty over time. I really not far from my timing belt service and figured its going to get flushed out anyway. What are your thoughts? I mostly drive on the highway.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
If during the timing belt service the coolant ends up getting flushed due to the water pump being removed, then I would just wait till then.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The 2.5L has a timing chain but @ 66k and two years, it would seem coolant is probably ok. If the cooling system needs repaired; you could flush it then. The latest spec G13 seems to be a extended long service life coolant; check for more info, in the video.

If you continue, to drive as many miles as you have been; I would assume your water pump will need replaced next and then you could flush the system at that time, (be sure to replace the thermostat, as well).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Yup that makes sense to me. Unless it starts doing what my 2.0 did and starts burning/leaking coolant or "consuming" as the dealer calls it, then you just have to top it off :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts