VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got done replacing the vacuum pump gasket yesterday and i noticed that I am leaking coolant from these hoses.

Do you guys know what these hoses are called?

Also when I replace these hoses do I have to drain all of the coolant out?

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I just got done replacing the vacuum pump gasket yesterday and i noticed that I am leaking coolant from these hoses.

Do you guys know what these hoses are called?

Also when I replace these hoses do I have to drain all of the coolant out?

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

Do you have an auto trans? If so how were you able to make the repair without unbolting the tranny? I was told by a local mechanic that you needed to loosen the tranny and push it back some in order to get the vacuum pump out. Is that the case? Looking for options as I have a leak and need to get it fixed. Thanks for any info.

I have an 06 beetle w/ auto trans btw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Do you have an auto trans? If so how were you able to make the repair without unbolting the tranny? I was told by a local mechanic that you needed to loosen the tranny and push it back some in order to get the vacuum pump out. Is that the case? Looking for options as I have a leak and need to get it fixed. Thanks for any info.

I have an 06 beetle w/ auto trans btw.[/QUOTE]

Yes the beetle does have an automatic transmission. I followed this how-to to get it done.

VWVortex.com - DIY: The first ever guide to replacing the 2.5L vacuum pump WITHOUT special tools or dropping the trans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts