VW Beetle Forum banner

Coolant leak on right side of 2002 vw beetle engine

2093 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  red99
There's a small leak on the driver side of my beetle. It's coming from these 2 hoses that seem to be attached to my engine that are causing the leak. What are these hoses called so I can replace them?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
You are probably talking about the hoses that go from the spherical expansion tank to the engine, one to the pipe on the front near the thermostat and the other to the throttle body on the rear of the engine. ECS carries them:

OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

Gates also makes replacements, but the larger chain auto parts stores don't carry them. You need to search a little to find a store.

Gates Part Locator & Interchange
This should help you identify the hose:


You could be talking about #14, the hoses to the oil cooler, but those are on the left side of the engine.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.