VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I am brand new to this site but have loved the insight that everybody has given so far. My 2001 New Beetle GLS 1.8L Turbo has had some issues recently. My coolant light has started flashing red as well as the beeping signal. I took it to my local mechanic and they told me that it just needed to be toped off. Shortly after my reservoir tank was very low. I noticed that it was leaking a bit of coolant. It was dripping out of the front right side of the engine compartment. I cannot locate exactly where it is coming from. Any suggestions? Another issue I had just started today my acceleration was off and the car would not switch out of first properly and then the same with second gear. I am really worried about this. The car has 83,000 on it and I just don't want anything detrimental to happen to it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Ben

·
5/23/10 <3
11,209 Posts
When you say right side of the car, do you mean drivers or passenger side?

What transmission? Auto or manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be coming from the passenger side but very hard to locate. The car is a automatic transmission. Hope that provides a bit of insight.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,209 Posts
Have you had your timing belt/water pump replaced? Failed water pump would be my first guess if its leaking on the passenger side.

What exactly is happening when your car is shifting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I found the leak, it seems to be coming off of the lower hose going in to the radiator. As for the shifting problem, it hasn't happened again. I am going to get the trans flushed anyhow to insure that it doesn't happen again. Thank you very much for your insight smileybug! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts