NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2003 VW Beetle 1.8T. I have a coolant leak and I know the location, the coolant flange and one of the two hoses next to each other coming off the bottom of the flange. I'm not exactly sure where these two hose go I'm assuming one goes to the engine cooler and the other goes back toward the driver somewhat, that's the one that's leaking. I've been able to find the flange for relativity cheap, but does anyone know where to find the two hoses or what they are called?

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Can you post some photos; of the flange and hoses in question? You can look up parts; on vw's parts site and the online etka parts catalog.

www.parts.vw.com

Genuine VW hoses, are particularly expensive; Gates hoses and CRP/Contitech/Rein hoses, are being made and they are reproducing many hoses for the New Beetle now. Gates have a lifetime warranty and are made in USA; Rein, tend to be made in Turkey. I am currently, using both brands of hoses and they seem to working fine for me.

Post up some photos and hopefully, we can help you identify, the parts and hoses you need. Thanks.

PS: most genuine vw parts; have the volkswagen part #'s imprinted on them and that is a easy way, to identify which parts they are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View of the flange which underneath of you can slightly see the tube I'm asking about.

Clear view of the tubes.

I have already ordered two tubes hoping they are the right ones, they were both rein hoses and their part numbers were CHE030R and CHE0322R. Thanks for any help. Also when installing the flange I do not need a special gasket as long as it comes with, or I get, an appropriate O-ring, correct?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts