NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 NB with cooalnt leaking out from a frame rail under the car about where the passenger seat is. The rail has some plastic tubes coming out of it and its plugged by foam. I also have been getting a dank smell from out of my vents after the car has been off for a while and I start back up. Anyone have any ideas?

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
You're sure its coolant? It would be pink/reddish if its coolant.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
What the heck....

You sure it's coolant?

The dank smell is PROBABLY? unrelated; just mildew forming in the AC system. There's some spray-in cleaners you can use that you just dump in through the vents & through the pollen filter area. (I think; I haven't had to do that stuff yet)

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
The only thing I can think of is coolant dribbling down from where the heater core comes out of the fire wall and its running down along the cat heat shield or something before it drips.

But I wanted to be sure its coolant - maybe its just A/C condensation dripping off? That is where it drips down off our car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am sure that it's coolant. It is pink. The smell however has only started since I noticed the leaking and I haven't been running the A/C. Very confusiing Huh? Could it be the heater core? Has anyone had heater core problems? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts