VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Year 2002 2.0L gas New Beetle.
The coolant light comes on solid blue after ignition, and does not go off since I got it from its last owner 1 year ago. I think it is normal. But I could be wrong. In the past year, everything is fine.

Recently, after the ignition, the light came on flashing red and then it went off and became solid blue after driving a few minutes.

I have no idea what's going on. low temperature? low coolant level? Is it normal for the solid blue light in the past whole year. I didn't see any issues with it.

Any info on this is appreciated!

Reeky

·
5/23/10 <3
11,276 Posts
I think its likely the coolant temperature sensor throwing the blue light. Its an easy fix, cheap and quick.

The blue light will come on during start-up but go off once the car is warmed up. It shouldn't stay on constantly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply.

Today I found that after driving 1 or two miles, the blinking red light went off and there was no blue light either.
I added some water and let me see what it would happen tomorrow.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,276 Posts
You can add some water to top it off. Don't do it all the time but you can add a little water if its low. I had to do the same thing, as my coolant ended up low after my water pump change. No problems. Its a 50/50 mix of water to coolant anyway so a smidge more water won't hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts