VW Beetle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
You are missing the point, his WP is necessary, right now. You can change the tstat and CTS and anything else you like but at the end of that....his WP needs doing right now.

...and his engine is giving classic VW WP poor circulation symptoms.

So WP now or....now??? Doesn´t matter if it is doable at home or not, it still needs doing.
Agreed, but we are talking simply about the cause of THIS issue. And the WP
could be it, you may be right. But you are skipping the necessary steps to troubleshoot it properly if you jump right to that. I start simple cause to more complicated. That's just my method and that's all I have been saying.

·
Jitterbug
1,086 Posts
They are supposed to come on when you put it into the Engine on position, NOT accessory AND put on the AC and fan speed set to high. If they don't you have a problem. You have a high and low one, it doesn't have to be hot for them to come on when the AC is on. This is all basic troubleshooting.
I know that, but that is not what you told the OP to do so he would have drawn a false and possibly expensive conclusion. If you are going to give instructions on troubleshooting you need to be right, otherwise TBH it is better if you advise to go to a shop, otherwise you´ll have the OP running in troubleshooting circles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
100k miles

timing belt changed, water pump no
If you paid someone to change the T-belt & the did not change the water pump, find another mechanic ASAP as they 1. Do not know what they are doing. 2. Are not watching out for your best interest. 3. Both of the foregoing.

If you did did the work, you get to go back again. :(

Good luck with it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts