NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fordracinjunkie
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem my cooling fans don't come on when I turn on the A/C the clutch kicks in and it cools but radiator fans don't come on. The fans work with temperature they kick on at 205 degrees. It's a 2001 beetle 1.8t. So far I have checked the cabin fuses cleaned and replaced fuse on top of the battery. Replaced coolant temp sensor with a green top one. Checked fans they do come on when temperature reaches 205 degrees and I have connected power to them and high and low on both fans work. Outside air temp is about 80 degrees so fans should come on with key on and A/C turn on, is this right? What left to check fan temp switch in radiator and fan control module? How do you check them? Help please this is my wife's car and she sits in traffic a lot idling with the air on. Thanks a lot for any help and suggestions.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
thermo switch

check the temperature sensor mounted at the Y coolant hose connection coming from the radiator, the one closest to the front of the vehicle. During idle I believe that turns the big fan in high speed around 208-210 F. Could also be your fan control module since everything go's through it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts