VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the water pump from ECS. I replaced thermostat. It still blinks coolent light and now the oil pressure light comes on and off. I also replaced the fen switch. Any help would be great before she takes another trip to the dealer. Thanks its 2002 turbo

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Have you scanned the car for trouble codes; did you pressure/vacuum fill the coolant (its not uncommon to have air pockets in the block)? The coolant temp sensor failing or wiring problems (connector messed up/broken wires etc); can cause the oil pressure light to come on.

Post up any and all trouble codes; that come up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its showing P0116 Engine Coolent Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit. I guess Ill round off the day and replace that sensor. I didn't vac fill the system.
If it dint burp Ill vac it at work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one carries that sensor looks like it dealer trip tomorrow.

So if that sensor goes bad would the radiator fans still come on? My small fan don't work at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check to make sure you're not low on coolant, that will set off the temp light.

The little green temp sensor starts to fail and will constantly set off the temp warning light. If you replace it, get the retaining clip too. The old retaining clip becomes brittle and can release the sensor followed with all your coolant while driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts