NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody! I'm just now getting around to posting a thread for my Beetle. I think I might have posted one or two pics on the old forums.

Current Modifications:

--Wet Okole seat covers
--LEDs have replaced interior courtesy lights
--17" OEM Kukuna alloy wheels
--TDI badge on hatch
--28% window tint
--Clear bra
--Herbie "53" on rear side windows
--Route 66 decal (2007 road trip to Roswell) on back window
--Return to Roswell 2009 decal on right rear window
--Clear corners in front
--VW logo valve stem caps from Moonie - thank you to ursabug aka Jimmy
--VW logo valve stem caps in BLUE - secret Santa gift from Antoine
--DRLs disabled
--Custom dead pedal with the NB logo
--Custom grab bar wrap with "Daisy" embroidery
--Custom "Semper Fidelis" decal on back window
--NOTW decal on driver's side rear window
--DieselGeek Panzer plate
--Monster Mats
--half dash mat
--2006+ hatch VW badge
--2006+ hood VW badge
--blue stubby antenna
--personalized Support the Troops license plates with "HEBR132" (Hebrews 13:2)
--interior painted blue lagoon
--engine cover painted blue lagoon
--DieselGeek short shifter, installed by Jim himself! :)

Specs:

158,000 miles (59 miles when I bought her)
left Puebla factory - July 1, 2004
Shipped to dealer - Sept 30, 2004
Brought home - Nov 2, 2004 :hugkiss:
Mileage - ranges from 36 mpg to 49 mpg
Loan paid off - July 2010

Problems:

-Dealer replaced passenger seat and weather seal on driver's door, both under warranty
-Dealer replaced turbo under warranty
-Other cosmetic issues (peeling door handles)
-Replaced oil pan after I went through a 'ditch' a little too fast (before Panzer plate install)
-Replaced N75 valve, MAF
-Replaced dogbone motor mount

All maintenance done by Brandon at Metrick Methodz and Ed Carroll Motor Company in Fort Collins.

I think the pictures make her look slightly lighter, probably because of the sun.

Cori

Attachments

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, shucks! :D Thanks for the complements. I'll post some interior shots as soon as I get some more double A batteries for the digital camera. And a lady smiled at me when I waved at her yesterday (usually they're not looking or they just ignore me).

27 days until departure for TNBRU!!!:banana:

Cori

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Beautiful New Beetle, way cool color, and a TDI to boot! :party:

TNBRU? So lucky....... ;)

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi rubie!

Are we still planning on meeting up in Oklahoma on March 31? I would love to tag along with your caravan into DFW. Looks like Oklahoma City is directly on I-35 as is Wichita. My mom and I will be staying overnight Thursday in OKC so we can break up the drive a bit and see the bombing memorial. Since we'll be there overnight, we'll be ready to go anytime you come through OKC. Thanks for looking at my bug too! ;)

Cori

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Cori,
The plan right now is to leave Wichita at 10:00am and arrive in OKC at noon for lunch then head out to Dallas. When I know where we are eating lunch I will pm you to give you specifics. We look forward to meeting you and your mom.:)
Mary

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rubie said:
Cori,
The plan right now is to leave Wichita at 10:00am and arrive in OKC at noon for lunch then head out to Dallas. When I know where we are eating lunch I will pm you to give you specifics. We look forward to meeting you and your mom.:)
Mary

Sounds great!! And I get to see an 06 Salsa red up close :thewave: :dance2: Woohoo! (seeing one at the dealer just isn't the same!!!)

Cori

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's some more pics, taken on a cloudy day. Notice the dirt on the Monster Mats -- those are clean now!:D I love cleaning car mats when it's that easy, just rinse!! The pics in the first post were taken around Horsetooth Dam, west of Ft Collins. These pics are in front of my house.

Cori

P.S. Ted the Teddy Bear is from my dad, who works at United Airlines, the dog was a high school graduation present in 02 and Pooh Bear is just hangin out. :)

Attachments

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's some more pictures.

#1: This is en route to the TNBRU. After seeking cover from hail under a gas station overhang, we ate at Taco Bell in Kansas. Nick(vdubbugman53)is taking a pic too, on the left.
Left to Right(by driver): Marcus, Ashley, Nick, Cori

#2: On our way home from TNBRU. We stopped in Albuquerque to visit our friends. Levi is 5 and really liked my car. My mom and I went to pick him up at school and he wouldn't believe I have a Beetle. When he saw it in their driveway, he said "OH MAN!" Then I took him for a cruise down the street. Here he is pretending to drive with his mom next to him.

Attachments

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daisy made it home!!:clap: :clap:

#1 and 2: My friend, Valerie's Golf and Daisy after a day of cleaning!

#3: At sunset in our church parking lot.

#4: Sunroof wind deflector installed end of March.

#5 and 6: I had a local shop make these for me. Driver's side and passenger's side, respectively.

#7: Daisy with her tribute to Herbie.

#8: Daisy says Hi!

Attachments

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Antoine!! Actually I think it was more of over and down!!:p We really enjoyed ourselves, even though it was my first car show and I had no idea what I was doing!:D I'm glad I got to see the one and only Marvin. Whenever I see a Marvin the Martian, my mind goes right to your car! And great to see your family too.

Cori

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
What a beautiful beetle! Blue lagoon will always hold a special place in my heart. It was the color of the 1st NB I drove...'99 Blue Lagoon with Gray Leather...*sigh* good times. Nothing like a pristine stock pre-'06 NB...Can I hug it? :D

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes you can hug it!! I do when it's clean - my mom(and everyone else)thinks I'm nuts!! Maybe I am:D Today I saw two yellow NBs at Starbucks next to each other - twins!! I couldn't stop and take a picture since I had to be at a tea for Mother's Day with my grandma. I was really feeling the dub love!

Cori

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I just saw this thread! I love your bug Cori :goodjob: Blue bugs rock ! I want to move to Colorado it's so pretty there.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daisy's birth certificate

Attachments

1 - 20 of 315 Posts