VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've seen the links to the ECS Tuning store for replacement headlight retainers, but would prefer to buy from Amazon (hopefully it would get here sooner). Are these the correct parts? The photos make it look like left and right sides, but the description doesn't mention this. ECS says they have separate left and right parts, but have the same photo for both. Which is correct?

OES Genuine Headlight Retainer for select Volkswagen Beetle models : Amazon.com : Automotive

OES Genuine Headlight Retainer : Amazon.com : Automotive

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
What year is your new beetle? If you look at your old part; the part number will be molded on to it. Honestly, I would just buy them from your local Volkswagen dealer; they aren't that much and every dealer has them in stock, because they break all the time.

In the case of VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts (a online vw dealer); they are cheaper then amazon.

1stVWParts.com :: Original parts for your Volkswagen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks, it's a year 2000 New Beetle. Unfortunately the 1stVWParts website doesn't seem to carry this part (they do have the whole headlight assembly which I don't need).
I'll only have the headlight out to check parts numbers when I'm actually replacing it - I doubt I would be able to take it out to check the part # and get it back in with the part broken like it is.
I guess I'll check with the local dealer but I am reluctant to - they really ripped me off and I'd hate to give them more business.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Cool, glad it worked out for you! In general; it always seems the dealer is more expensive then online or aftermarket sources... but this isn't always the case! Especially, these days; with shipping things can get expensive, when certain parts are VW oem only, sometimes the dealer is a better price then getting them from a third party vendor (they get them from VW and tack more $$ on top of the price). Check with your dealer; you never know! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts