VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had many sad, and one happy post here... My problem has re-surfaced after getting a scanner... it appears that it goes into limpmode ( not quite as bad) and shows low voltage. Should I try a new camshaft position sensor? We have had everything else checked out, looked for a possible short somewhere, and replaced battery/plugs/02 sensor/turbo dumpgate valve/MAF sensor/throttle body/fuses/hoses....it runs great for a while, then cuts out jerks,and goes into limpmode with CEL,EPC, and sometimes caution light...???? help? ps; had computer settings re-programmed two days ago... and it did it again. They thought I have another bad throttle body... but it is only 250 miles old.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
What codes are you getting?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you look on my post "Yay!! I had a cargasm"?? I posted them there.. but have NO Codes now since the re-programming... but it still cuts out and I have to wait and restart it..?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
You should really keep things to one thread. It will make things much easier for us to help you.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
battery

Wish I could help ya more but without actually seeing what it's doing it can be hard to diagnose. Did you try monitoring the main battery voltage while the car go's into limp mode? You can start isolating your problem to either electrical or a cambo of both mechanical/electrical. How old is the battery? could be your alternator. could be the infamous alternator charging cable that shorts out in these cars.
I use a regular Iphone and use an app called dashcommand to monitor all sorts of engine diagnoses while the car is running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts