NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my daughter a 2006 Beetle immaculate exterior condition interior not so much....makes me question the materials VW used seem so fragile.

The problem is the top. When down it gives the top not locked alarm. THIS IS A MANUAL TOP so what do I do? Push harder? How do I know it's down all the way?

I don't want to break anything!! Thanks for the help cool car!

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
the two unlock buttons should pop up when the top is pushed down on teh corners, also the light on the mirror will change back to the temp. you may have to push a little harder to ensure the top is locked down, I had a 04 NBC with the manual top and had this issue once in a while if i didnt push down hard enough to engage the locks .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish to simply disengage the alarm bell that tells you the top is not fully down. I operate mine manually now as the motor stopped working long ago. Simply want to turn off the sound. It is a 2004 NBC. Thx in advance...this thing is driving me crazyyyyy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 vw new beetle convertible top

am looking for a reputable service located in the Atlanta Ga/
Greenville SC area to replace the convertible top on my 2006 vw nb. Any recommendations.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gerrittb,
I am going to be replacing the top on my 2003. I will be ordering from topsonline.com. Their website has a list of recommended installers, and topsonline will drop ship to the installer. The tops start at $629.
I am replacing mine because the glue on the back window is failing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
am looking for a reputable service located in the Atlanta Ga/
Greenville SC area to replace the convertible top on my 2006 vw nb. Any recommendations.
Im looking to replace mine to in the Athens area. I talked to tops online and they recommended a place in Loganville they want $750.00 to install. I just don't see this job as a major one. I have installed a top on 3 cars a lebaron triumph spitfire and a corvair. all turned out nice. this top has no glueing or cutting so I might just give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts