NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the local hardware store on my way home after a 20 mile drive and as I'm walking away from the car I hear a cracking sound. Did it come from my car? I don't know for sure but I pop the hood after what seems like ages and low and behold the engine cover is askew. I proceeded to check the oil only to find the top two inches of the dipstick tube broken off. There was enough oil in it although the antifreeze did look a little dark. Could it be a cracked block?

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I am no mechanic, but I do know, that can't be good..... :eek:

·
Super smart senior member
857 Posts
I stopped at the local hardware store on my way home after a 20 mile drive and as I'm walking away from the car I hear a cracking sound. Did it come from my car? I don't know for sure but I pop the hood after what seems like ages and low and behold the engine cover is askew. I proceeded to check the oil only to find the top two inches of the dipstick tube broken off. There was enough oil in it although the antifreeze did look a little dark. Could it be a cracked block?
Hmmm, I hate hearing noises and not knowing if it was the car or just outside.

The dipsticks are fragile beasts and break easily, the murkey coolant needs to be looked at however. Does it still drive well?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Have you ever mixed coolants?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts