NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver door door pull is cracked at the top. Just to verify, this is not a separate piece that can be replaced correct? It appears I have to replace the entire door panel. Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
107 Posts
I removed the door panel, my husband grinded off the points where the handle was attached to the panel and then I bought some pretty cool metal replacements off of ebay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Help is on the way. Pay attention to our site in the next few weeks if your interior door handles are cracked. They can be fixed inexpensively without removing them. -Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
I repaired mine with JB WELD. You can remove the outer strip by prying it off with a scredriver (carefully). The just mix a small amount of the two tubes according to directions and apply it to the cracked part of the door handle. Let it sit over night then snap the outer part back on and your set to go. You can get the JB WELD at any parts store or places like Wal Mart.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,170 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just ordered a couple of the dieselgeek.com door handle Beetlebraces. Looking forward to not having to replace the entire door panel.

Shaun

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's not the best picture, but here is a shot of my door pulls and the redone door panel that had the vinyl redone by a local guy.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Nice, quick and easy; however a while back I did find another grab handle fix, it was pricey, but I liked it, as it replaced the entire grab handle. It was an all aluminum handle, the cost was $139.00 each; which was sticker shock, because I need five of them.

I cannot seem to find that link; has anyone else come across that link?

:eek: Never mind I just found it here ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice, quick and easy; however a while back I did find another grab handle fix, it was pricey, but I liked it, as it replaced the entire grab handle. It was an all aluminum handle, the cost was $139.00 each; which was sticker shock, because I need five of them.

I cannot seem to find that link; has anyone else come across that link?

:eek: Never mind I just found it here ...
I'm not sure if it is the same person, but the guy who I got mine off of on Ebay was only $85. I offered $75 and he took it. He makes a whole bunch of different styles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts