NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,,
I have an '04 1.8Turbo that originally had an "AWV" engine which was replaced with a "BKF" engine.
VW shows a part #06A-906-433 G. I've found this part on Parts Geek and have a couple of questions regarding the different manufacturers;
1. The only part showing this part # is made by Delphi. Does anyone know if this is the OE part originally used in the car?
2. Hella makes the same part with the same part number but it ends in "L" not "G". Can I use this part in my engine?
3. Bosch also lists a part with a different part number but because of their reputation I'd assume this is the best quality
out of them all. Would you agree/disagree with that thinking?

Bottom line I want the best part regardless of price. Any and all opinions/info on which one to get is appreciated.

Have a good one, trshman

·
Registered
12,103 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the BKF engine code; what vehicle did it come out of? Once you figure that out; you could search vw's parts site or the Bosch site, to see if they used the same crank sensor. I don't know, if they changed the design over the years but if you knew, the above info, you could know for sure.

I'm not seeing the BKF code; in the 1.8T faq area here:

BKF is shown on the wiki page:

1.8 TAPH /AVC /AWC /AWU /AWV /BKF1,781 cc (1.781 L; 108.7 cu in) I4 DOHC 20V turbo150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) at 5,800220 N⋅m (162 lb⋅ft) at 2,000-4,2001999–2002

1 - 2 of 2 Posts