NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the 1.8 turbo has a PCV valve and or does the crankcase pressure regulator valve took it's place ? and if so how does the crankcase pressure regulator valve work? Is that also like a check valve that opens in one direction after a certain pressure???? sure appreciate it guys.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pcv valve

What are trying to do? :confused:
trying to see if my beetle has a pcv valve cause I can't find it. Second I found what the book calls a crankcase pressure regulator valve and was wondering if that tooks it's place cause it seems to be mounted in the place where the PCV valve usually is in the older cars.

(positive crankcase ventilation) pcv

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pcv valve

bbeetle-PCV.JPG
trying to see if my beetle has a pcv valve cause I can't find it. Second I found what the book calls a crankcase pressure regulator valve and was wondering if that tooks it's place cause it seems to be mounted in the place where the PCV valve usually is in the older cars.

(positive crankcase ventilation) pcv

Never mind folks I found it.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pcv

Did you replace it and if so was it hard to get to?
I am thinking of replacing mine but I don't want to take the manifold off to do it.
Sorry i have been real busy replacing my half-shft cv axles. I did not find the pcv valve on my car. then I went to autozone and they said my year model does not have one...??? now I'm confused.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Sorry i have been real busy replacing my half-shft cv axles. I did not find the pcv valve on my car. then I went to autozone and they said my year model does not have one...??? now I'm confused.
You do have one. When I called Autozone they told me the same thing. Call Advance Auto and they can order it for you. Takes about a day. They quoted me 15 bucks or call the dealer, they carry them in stock for about 26 bucks. It's not a traditional PCV valve but rather a plastic insert that goes into a T. It's located under the manifold to the right of the plastic dip stick tube. Really hard to get to.
You can also order it for $11.95 from ECS tuning:
Volkswagen New Beetle 1.8T > Search > PCV Valve > ES#2093820 OEM VW / Audi Breather Valve (PCV Valve) 19mm - 035103245A

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pvc

You do have one. When I called Autozone they told me the same thing. Call Advance Auto and they can order it for you. Takes about a day. They quoted me 15 bucks or call the dealer, they carry them in stock for about 26 bucks. It's not a traditional PCV valve but rather a plastic insert that goes into a T. It's located under the manifold to the right of the plastic dip stick tube. Really hard to get to.
You can also order it for $11.95 from ECS tuning:
Volkswagen New Beetle 1.8T > Search > PCV Valve > ES#2093820 OEM VW / Audi Breather Valve (PCV Valve) 19mm - 035103245A
Hey thanks, sorry didn't get back to you'll sooner I been real busy replacing my struts. I'll have a little looksy tomorrow and clean it atleast.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hey thanks, sorry didn't get back to you'll sooner I been real busy replacing my struts. I'll have a little looksy tomorrow and clean it atleast.
How did the strut replacement go? I am about to replace the struts on my Beetle. Was it difficult to do or is it something someone with regular hand tools can do? Thanks for the insight.

The PCV valve sits in the upside down rubber T. Looks fairly easy to get to once the cylinder head is off. :D
I just did my valve cover and cam chain tensioner gaskets and that was a fun job all in itself. But now my valve cover shines like it never did before and no more pesky oil leaks dripping into my spark plug tubes.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
struts

How did the strut replacement go? I am about to replace the struts on my Beetle. Was it difficult to do or is it something someone with regular hand tools can do? Thanks for the insight.

The PCV valve sits in the upside down rubber T. Looks fairly easy to get to once the cylinder head is off. :D
I just did my valve cover and cam chain tensioner gaskets and that was a fun job all in itself. But now my valve cover shines like it never did before and no more pesky oil leaks dripping into my spark plug tubes.
The struts went well. I just fallowed the write up posting on the link I am posting here; (Noah's MkIV VW H&R Coilover Installation HOWTO)
and my chilton book for reference.
great posting with pictures and all, very helpful. Just get all your specialty tools and parts ordered ahead of time.let me know if you have questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts