NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf has a 02 beetle and out of the blue it won't start. The EPC light and check engine light are on. I checked the codes and 9 codes popped up. I just checked the codes a day before and there was nothing. Codes for cylinder injector circuit low 1 2 3 and 4 came up along with secondary air injection system switching valve a circuit shorted , A camshaft position actuator circuit bank 1, secondary air injection system relay A circuit malfunction, evap system purge control valve circuit shorted, and HO2S heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 2. Where do I even start????????

·
Registered
506 Posts
With a new battery or at least charge the one you have, a plethora of random codes like that is often from a low battery.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
A bad fuel pump relay; can throw a long list of codes and cause a no start condition, keep in mind codes build up over time. So, you might document the current codes and clear them all; then,, see what comes back, when you try to start the engine again and possibly try a hard reset of the ecu.

As noted, a low battery or problem with the charging system; can cause tons of trouble codes, to be thrown. Read this thread for more info:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts