NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
When I was younger, I didn't think pot should be illegal. I have a totally different view of it now for my own reasons but I would pose this question - do you want your doctor to be stoned while performing surgery on you or a loved one? Something to think about. If it were legal, then that very thing could happen.
No, but at the same time, I wouldn't want them drunk, either, and that's completely legal. Immoral for them to show up drunk, yes, but technically illegal, no.

I'm with the Rev on this one. Put an age limit, tax it just like all the other Sin Tax items, and basically treat it like alcohol (DUI laws, regulations at workplaces, etc).

Thanks. And that is my feelings on it too.

So..what happened when dad got with the brother?

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So..what happened when dad got with the brother?
I didn't get home until about 930 because of stupid classwork, but dad seemed way depressed and didn't want to talk about it when asked. I hope he's okay... I hope THEY'RE okay. My dad seemed (over the phone) like he wanted to claim that he was the one that "accidentally" saw it on the Myspace page that was left open, so he would take the blame for invasion of privacy and not me.

·
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Updates:

Brother broke down crying a few days after he was confronted, saying he was sorry and won't do it again. Dad believes him, mom is skeptical.

I'm skeptical. I checked his Myspace this morning and this confirmed my suspicions. I think he was just sad that he was caught and had to dispose of what he had.

I found this: Stop Teen Drug Use - Drug Test Your Teen- Products and sent it to my mom.

My plan: Tell him that we know his Myspace password, and then tell him that if he changes it, it will be assumed that he's "doing it" again. This :bs: has to stop, and *****footing around with "grounding him from Myspace and his cell phone for a week" is NOT enough. In my opinion, he has given up all privileges with what he's done.

I'm really very angry with my dad right now about this. My brother is very disrespectful to my parents and he gets off easy for this... while I'm extremely respectful and my dad refuses to accept the fact that I love my (now ex-)girlfriend (and want to get back together with her).

The other day I was going to the mall with her and he goes "Gah, you and your brother are driving me nuts with what you're both doing." Really? REALLY?

:rant:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
So THIS is what you were talking about.

I agree that telling dad was the right thing to do. It's in their hands now, not yours. Do you live in the same house?

I'd keep a close eye on the little bro. If it weren't for my parents busting me for everything I did (stealing, smoking, getting drunk) and grounding the CRAP out of me, I don't know how I would have turned out. I am glad I got busted! I was heading down the wrong path and they knew it.

Good luck.

·
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Telling your dad was the right thing to do but snooping through his myspace was NOT cool! :eek:
Agreed, but it's his own dang fault for leaving it up (everyone knows I'm super inquisitive. I've actually been yelled at for asking too many questions), and leaving the password stored in the password manager. I have my passwords stored in the PW manager, but I have nothing to hide. :D

·
no longer use this site
1,594 Posts
i'm a little late to this discussion, but recenty went through a ver similar situation:

my wifes brother (28 yrs old) recently started selling weed. he approached me about buying some. i humored him and asked a bunch of questions. turns out he's having it shipped via the post office from cali to his moms second home in ct.(pounds people, pounds)

up until i heard that i wasn;t going to do anything (btw i am not against pot, just family memeber who sell it in someone elses house). but after hearing about the mail i got mad, how dumb can someone be. the mail ????!!!! dumbass.

if he got caught the house could be taken from his mom, bye bye retirement fund.

so i "ratted him out" to my wife and the oldest brother. when the brother confronted him he said he needs the money and won't stop. so we all told the mom. now he and his roomates have to get out of the house before the end of the summer (i think they should have booted them right away).

so i feel for ya farrisk, i did what i did because i felt compelled to. imagine if he had gotten caught and i never said anything.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts